“The years, after all, have a kind of emptiness, when we spend too many of them in a foreign shore. We defer the reality of life, in such cases, until a future moment, when we shall again breathe the native air, but by and by, there are no future moments; Or, if we do return, we find that the native air has lost its invigorating quality, and that life has shifted its reality to the spot where we have deemed ourselves only temporary residents. Thus, between two countries, we have none at all, or only that little space of either in which we finally lay down our discontented bones.” (Nathaniel Hawthorne)
The Eyeland - 1999 Close
The Eyeland - 1999
Screening format: DV
Capture format: Super 8
Original soundtrack: O Grivo
Direction, cinematography and editing: Cao Guimarães.
- VI Mostra de Vídeo do MIS (Museu Da Imagem E DO Som). São Paulo, Brasil- 2000.
FESTIVALS AND EXHIBITIONS
- “A subversão dos Meios”. Itaú Cultural. São Paulo, Brasil- 2003/2004.
- “30 anos de Vídeo no Brasil”. Itaú Cultural- exposição itinerante. Brasil, 2003.
- Imagética. Curitiba, Brasil- 2003.
- IV Mostra de Cinema de Tiradentes. Tiradentes, Brasil- 2001.
- Mostra “Anos 90 Imagens no Brasil”. Cine Belas Artes. Belo Horizonte, Brasil- 1999.
- Westminster Gallery. Londres, Inglaterra- 1999.